Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Holy Week


For Holy Week we had our second silent retreat of the formation. The focus of the retreat was the life of Christ and his disciples in the time leading up to and including the Passion of our Lord. We reflected a lot on how this was the time that Jesus turned his ministry, to bring about the Kingdom or the Reign of the Father, over to the disciples and ultimately over to us. For Lauren and I, we believe that God is calling us to live out this call to ministry as missionaries. While it is very important for us all to think about what our baptisms are calling us to do with our lives, it seems to me today that these big picture decisions are not nearly as important in bringing about the Kingdom as the little decisions we all make everyday. Right now, the most important thing I think I can do to follow Jesus is to choose not to be grumpy because I have been fasting today. I just pray that I can make enough of these "little" decisions to be a good disciple, so that the next time I am faced with a "big" choice I will have the practice to answer correctly.

1 comment: